Black snow on screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
now that i have good airflow in my case, i looked at the temp of my GPU and its at 40*C at idle and gets up to 70*C at load (used to be 50 idle and 85 at load ). so i figured it would be okay to overclock my Graphics card. but when i speed up the GPU and memory speed of my graphics card and run Furmark ( or play a game ) after not to long, i get what looks like black snow or static on the screen, its random and the each spot doesnt stay put for very long ( a fraction of a second ) i have no idea what is causing it, i thought it was heat but apparantly not... maybe someone can help me.. thanks..

i took a picture, and circled the " Black snow ", i could only see a few in that screen shot but there are literally hundreds that flicker all of the screen

Untitled-16.jpg

Try lowering your overclock until the artifacts go away and then lower it just a little more to ensure stability for everyday use. There's a big difference between benchmark overclocking and everyday use overclocking. I would never run my hardware everyday at the speeds I post in the benchmark threads.

but i want to over clock... if i get a GPU cooler would that let me max out my card with out this happening?

I want a Pony, but I can't have it....

For all you know, its your memory thats not up to the overclock. A cooler will only help when youre stable, but it runs way to hot.

With OC, just cause one person can acheive it, there is 0 garrentee that anyone else can too.

Sucks but thats life....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom