Black Screen shutdown; GA-890GPA-UD3H w/ AMD athlon II x4 630

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke_04736

Solid State Member
Ok, so I have experienced some pretty odd symptoms on my pc i built from newegg, specs as follows:

Motherboard: GA-890GPA-UD3H (Gigabyte)
CPU AMD|ATH II X4 630 AM3 RT model # ADX630wfgibox
RAM: MEM 2Gx2|GSKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (4gb)
HD 500G|WD 7K 16M SATA2 WD5000AAKS;
PSU ROSEWILL| 700W RV2-700 RT

My first issue that i noticed with the setup, is red lines through my screen, in random windows. It occurs both when i have games n such open, and when idle on desktop, an example of this is showed he per the top of the Mozilla firefox browser,
redlines.png

secondly, i am getting black screens alot, always right after Filtermanager 'file info' successfully loaded and registered with filter manager. I tried reviewing motherboard hook ups, making sure everything was proper; and removed one stick of ram, it occurs with either stick. I unplugged hard drive and went into bios and waited, the black screen still occurred.

filtermmanager.png

Ive ran some tests on the processor and during the test the max temp for the 2 minute test was approx 127 degrees Fahrenheit which far exceeds any normal temps i get when just idling or even playing the graphic-casual games that can be accessed via onboard/integrated graphics. Since i was able to test and watch the temperature of the proccessor rise and the PC not shut down, i was assuming the reason was i opened both doors on the tower, and had the motherboard cooled by my stand up fan in my room, so it was no longer closed in the case depending on the stock fans in my raidmax case. This seems to be the only way i could get the black screens to stop. I notice correlation between night and day, during day when its hot, the black screens have been constant, especially end of july, then at night time through 5 am it would run fine with no black screen shut downs, at first since it would not respond to my power button hold-in, or reset button; i assumed it was froze some how, but after leaving for 5-10 minutes it does shut down. During the "black screen" i loose usb, and monitor output. The lights, fans, motherboard and keyboard are still on untill it shuts down completely.

If i do not let it complete the shut down from black screen, upon restart it automatically will black screen before i even can get to o/s desktop, it will occur in bios and such, so im pondering where else there could be heat generating in the motherboard, that would cause shutdown - other then the processor as i have tested it, and seen it far exceed any situation where there was a black screen when the doors were both closed and ventilation was reliant upon stock fans.

also when i enter mem diagnostic, before the test even starts it has yellow text notifying "hardware problems have been detected, please contact your computer manufacturer".

I cannot seem to find any high temps in the temperature programs im using, is there any possibility it could be my gpu? I cannot seem to get any temperature reading from it, although i did run a test with ati tools, and it did not cause black screen. Im assuming tomorrow during the day it will continue the black screen, i might try to keep case open and keep fan on it, to see if that will eliminate it for the time being, but i thought id make a thread here before i decide to RMA the board.

side note: cant seem to find any program to display temp of gpu(tried everest,speedfan,cpuid ect). im using integrated graphics hd radeon 4290 standard on this motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom