Black screen during bootup

brian192168

Beta member
wanted to restart my computer. I did so and screen is black no bios displayed or anything like that as well as my bio settings not working... (i overclocked my cpu in bios and now its default back down to 3.8ghz hen was at 4.5ghz) however if i leave the computer untouched after about 20-30 seconds the computer boots up like normal into windows login. So the computer is booting up but i just have no display during boot up and my bios i guess reset its self... What should i do to fix this and be able to do bios? i didn't try to reset my cmos or anthing like that yet sense i have to remove my video card to reset cmos... (battery under the card) any idea/help would be appreciated thanks!

fixed it..... just put the grpahics card in the other pci slot and then removed the cmos for a minute ad put it in... dk y they put the cmos batter where the expansion slots are...

fixed it..... just put the grpahics card in the other pci slot and then removed the cmos for a minute ad put it in... dk y they put the cmos batter where the expansion slots are...

Glad to hear you got it working.

Agreed that putting the CMOS battery right there is a horrible design... usually the jumpers are slightly more accessible, though.

Back
Top Bottom