Black Screen, Computer Won't Post, No BIOS, Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodah12

Solid State Member
Computer was having heavy hiccups where it would start to reboot when running semi-intensive programs. I was going to reformat HD in a few days, and start over. But now the computer screen suddenly went black, if I reboot, nothing comes on the screen, and I can't get into BIOS. I hear nothing, no beeps, no post. The HD light comes on, stays solid, and goes off. and the floppy drive doesn't light up . Everything seems to be powering up. I reset the CMOS jumper, changed the CMOS battery, but still no post.
My CD and DVD drives light up, so I put in my XP install disk hoping to do a repair or install from that, but still no boot, just black screen and no beeps.
Computer was running well up until the hiccups, anti-virus was up to date, spyware, adware was under control.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott

It's my thinking that either the Monitor has died, or the Motherboard itself has blown.

Need someone more technical to accurately figure out what's up with it, but that's my guess.

It's definitely not the monitor. I swapped out my monitor from my other computer, and that stays black too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom