Black screen, computer restarting

I'm not sure what brand name or wattage the PSU is, my computer is an Alienware Area-51 (if that helps).

It's strange because I installed my GTX over a year ago and it has never given me any problems until now, if it is in-fact my card at all.

I took my computer into the store and they installed it for me, I remember asking if the power supply was sufficient when I first took it in as I also had an extra 4 gigs of ram installed and they said it was fine.

The computer ran fine up until now. So I'm having trouble understanding what was the cause.

Mine was doing the exact same thing not to long ago and it was the power supply. Mind you it had fried the graphics card but it was a dodgy power supply that casued it.

Really? That sucks! Sorry to hear about that.

Is there anyway I could run some kind of diagnostic on my PSU or anything I could try to confirm my PSU isn't working as intended?

Post the specs of the PSU. It should have a sticker on it that show's the wattage / amps / etc.

Really? That sucks! Sorry to hear about that.

Is there anyway I could run some kind of diagnostic on my PSU or anything I could try to confirm my PSU isn't working as intended?

Didn't bother me. Dell couldn't work it out after I insisted it was the power supply from day one. They replaced my whole system three times ACCEPT the power supply until finally the last thing they did was change the power supply. So I got a brand new system just before my warranty expired ;) SCORE

Oh wow! Awesome turn out for you then haha! I'm glad it worked out for you. Wish I could claim the same as you did :p.

Sadly my warranty expired a while ago. :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom