Black Screen, but computer is still responsive

Lukario45

Baseband Member
Hi Everyone! I have a Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 4GB graphics card, I have been using my card just fine since I have gotten it, but today my computer restarted to update, since the update my graphics card has been showing the delay for a second or two then it just stops, the monitor does not say no signal, it still shows as it is connected, the computer is still fully responsive, infact I am typing this post with it, through teamviewer on my kindle, there is no onboard graphics on this computer, what should i do? I cant roll back the update because apparently system restore points are disabled on windows 10 automaticly

Sounds similar to an issue that I had a while back. I reverted to a previous GPU driver and the issue was resolved.

Was it a Windows update? or a GPU update?
It was a Windows update. It is possible that it was both.

Sounds similar to an issue that I had a while back. I reverted to a previous GPU driver and the issue was resolved.

Every time I tried to revert it froze on me. This is the one time I regret no onboard graphics.

Also I turned off AMD overdrive in CCC and it stopped doing it. Though I would like to continue shining overdrive because this is the.first I am experiencing this problem

If its a windows update, you can uninstall it from > control panel > uninstall or change a program > view installed updates > then right click the recent update and click uninstall.

See if that helps.

Last edited:
Boot into Safe Mode to verify it's a Windows update issue or a driver issue.

You can also uninstall the driver from Safe Mode, and then reinstall the appropriate driver manually after rebooting into normal mode.

Back
Top Bottom