black screen on bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: black screen still!!!

Okay, so when you use it for an extended period of time the screen just goes black? If you are using the computer when this happens it isn't the hibernation / sleep issue.

no no no no no lol

when im useing the computer its fine

its when i turn it off and i go to sleep i then wake back up after 6-7 hours and i go to turn the computer back on it just goes black and frezzes theres no post screen not even windows load up

When you turn it off at night, are you properly shutting down the computer through windows? Are you looking at your screen to ensure you don't get any XP 'forcing applications to exit' screens?

If you have the ability and patients, uninstall all applications that you run in a typical day. Everything from games, to utility programs, to applications like Quicken.

If you have the patients do this one application at a time, then turn off and see if the computer does the same thing. Then uninstall another app, so forth and so on.

BEFORE this see if there are any options in your BIOS about halting on startup incase of error or something of the sort.

Did you go into the bios at all? Did you try uninstalling a few applications to see if that solves the issue? It won't help downloading new drivers when this isn't a driver issue IMO. The machine isn't shutting down properly, end of story. This is either because of a bios setting or an application issue.

facepalm2.jpg

well ive tryed doing this looked into the BIOS took everything off and its still doing it..

i phoned the shop and they said they was going to replace the mobo but i may just get a refund im not sure yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom