Black screen with blinking underscore

Need help with desktop... gets black screen with blinking underscore... cant access bios... as soon as it powers on, it shows black screen with blinking underscore... reset cpu, ram, gpu, swapped motherboards, cant boot from cd or anything... plz help... would love any ideas

- Jackel1337

I have removed SSD and all HDD... nothing helps... same thing... blinking underscore and no bios... here is the specs to my desktop : AMD FX 8150, 4x4GB corsair vengeance 1600MHz RAM, EVGA Geforce GTX 580 (1.5GB VRAM), Asus M5A99X EVO Motherboard, Rosewill 1,000 Watt PSU, Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling Kit.

- Jackel1337

i have not ruled out the bios chip on the mobo because, the mobo i switched with was the same motherboard, one that i had from the start of this build, and bricked it when updating the bios, so i used the same bios that was in the 2nd mobo to see if it was the motherboard. Wasted Efforts...

- Jackel1337

dont have another amd chip... and the board is good... with the blinking light... all the research ive done says its not too bad of a problem... how my problem is different to all the rest is i cant get into the bios... as soon as i hit the power button, i get the blank screen with blinking underscore... im going to college for High Performance Computing... and this has me abit stumped...

- Jackel1337

Last edited:
mabey tomorrow ill bring it with me to uni, and see if anybody might have some insight to whats going on... but all ideas are welcome...

- Jackel1337

i have not ruled out the bios chip on the mobo because, the mobo i switched with was the same motherboard, one that i had from the start of this build, and bricked it when updating the bios, so i used the same bios that was in the 2nd mobo to see if it was the motherboard. Wasted Efforts...

- Jackel1337
Didn't notice this before, if you swapped bios chips you probably ruined both boards unless they were exactly the same. And I mean down to the exact same model and version. That would explain the blank screen and no post because the bios isn't booting up. If it did it before, the board is probably dead. If you have no other chip to test in the board your only option is to RMA and get a replacement. I would anyways after trying to swap a bios.
:SeriouslyChan:

Back
Top Bottom