black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulafien

In Runtime
I bought a new rig and put it together myself (first time)

It's been running for 2wks. took some info off the forums ive been reading and altered the bios. I tried to set the FSB to 400 and in the CPU feature of the bios I disabled everything except the multicore function. Now the system turns on but nothing shows on the monitor. I have tested the monitor and it works fine. I have cleared the CMOS by using the easy clear function as well as the jumpers and its still not working. I then removed one of my 2GB sticks of ram and one of my HD4850's and it still isn't working.

Any help or links to help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!

my rig
NXZT Tempest -case
Q6600-cpu
Xigmatek650-psu
4GB G-skill800 -ram
HD4850 x2 in crossfire
stock cpu heat sink
DFI DK x38 t2r
Samsung dvd writer

You remembered to remove the power before clearing the CMOS?

Take a look at your cpu, see if you can see any burn or scorch marks on it. If there is, u just might have fried your processor.

Me and my friend both had this happen to us while building different rigs for people recently.

My build: The screen would stay black and wouldn't post but the MOBO, GPU, and case fans would all start up and light up. I eventually figured out that my motherboard was grounded. To check this try starting it with nothing touching the motherboard. I started it up outside of the case and it worked. Sometimes screws, or in my case the metal backing of the cpu fan will ground the board.

My friends build: Had the exact same symptoms as above. It was his brand new ram. Switched it out for a different brand and everything worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom