Black Out, Then computer failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0mmun1st4lyf3

In Runtime
Today there was a black out. I was watching something on the computer when the black out attacked. After 30 mins, the power went bak up and i tried to turn the computer on. However, the keyboard lights just flashed once when i turn the computer on. The monitor is black, the light is still orange. I changed the ram but stil same results. What could be the problem? This is really bad..

my guess the out had a surge when it did go out, or when it came back on.

and please tell me you had a surge protector, or you might have to put big $$$ to get it fixed (new psu, mobo, cpu, ram, posibly hdd)

the ram and hdd work. i do not have a surge protector. i am guessing its either the cpu or the mobo.

new question to add : for my sister's computer, everytime i turn it on it says "CPU OVER TEMPERATURE FAILURE, PRESS F1 TO CONTINUE". why does it do this!?!? Sometimes it says OVERCLOC FAILURE also. I NEVER tried to overclock my computer!!! I did reset the bios but the OVER TEMP still shows up. Whats going on!?!?!

can you get into the pc health center inside of the bios to check what the readings are, and also put a finger on the heatsink and check how hot it is, to make sure the readings are accurate, or if the sensor went out.

I can't even see anything on the monitor. I am guessing its video card, but im not 100percent sure. The keyboard lights flash once, and thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom