Black monitor screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labradoodle

Beta member
Hi, yesterday after hooking up a secondary HDD my monitor screen got stuck on black whenever I power on the computer, doesn't show absolutely anything, no "No signal" (I'd already been using that HDD for months, I just disconnected it while I tried out my laptop's HDD to recover some files, which I'd already done before as well without any problems).

I tried a different monitor and it didn't work either. The video card is still working but I don't have a spare to try, how can I be certain if that's the problem or if it's something else?

Thanks in advance for your help

Edit: Will try resetting the CMOS, however I'd still like to hear some of my other options in case, since I have to go a long way to use another comp.

For some odd reason I had a friend with a pretty similar problem. But it turned out his board was bad. This only happens when you have the HDD connected or after it's disconnected as well? Also what steps you took to make sure the vid card is working? And yes, reset the CMOS and post back if it helped or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom