Black Computer Screen - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Black Computer Screen

I have a Compaq Presario CQ62 w/ AMD Processor. I've had it for about 2 years now, recently the screen has not turned on, it is black. I have tried a "hard reset" and it actually worked for a while, but when I tried to turn it back on, same problem occurred, the "hard reset" does not work anymore. The lights on the caps lock button keep blinking, and the power button light also turns on. I tried connecting to an external monitor and it does not work as well. What are the possibles reasons for this problem?

Thank you

Old 04-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Black Computer Screen

What do you mean by "not work as well"?

Well, if the external works fine, you LCD screen is shot, most likely a bad backlight. But if both you LCD and external don't work, that normally is a video card problem. Could also be another system fault.
__________________ Steam Account
Closed Thread

Posting Rules