Biostar M7VIG400 Problems on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewzone

Beta member
A friend of mine was having trouble with his computer and asked me to work on it, I figured out that his motherboard was going out so I ordered a new one for him along with some ram that was supposed to work in that motherboard. Well the motherboard got here and his old case wouldn't work with the new baord because of connecters for power and everything so I ordered a new case for him, then on closer inspection of the motherboard specs we found out that his old processer wouldn't work in the new board, so I ordered a new one, but the problem that I've had since getting the new board is that it takes forever to get past the splash screen if it even does at all, I left it on for 20 minutes one time and it didn't change off the splash screen, usually I can get into the bios within about 10 mins but I can't even begin installing windows or anything because of the long startup. It gives 1 short beep and the cmos saves the time and everything I'm really out of ideas on how to fix this so any help would be greatly appreceated.

Thank you,
Rewzone

wow that is a long time, should be a matter of seconds. Try reseting the CMOS, there will be a jumper on the mobo or you can take out the coin battery for about 10 minutes.
you could try troubleshooting by booting the board with just the processor/vid card and one stick of ram.

Also check the manufactures website and see if there are any bios updates you need for that mobo (make 100% sure you get the right one).

Its having a hard time identifying some of your hardware. Try resetting the cmos (check the manual). You might have some cables in wrong or not all the way and make sure the jumpers on the drives are set for a master and slave setup and not cable select. short beep is normal.

I've reset the cmos I donno how many times trying different things, and atm processor, ram, vid and keyboard are the only things plugged in. I am wondering if it could be the ram not agreeing with the mobo or something but I've put so much money into it already I can't order ram for it. Me and my dad, who has been helping me with this, are just out of ideas on what to do.

Yea thats the mobo and I got a AMD Duron 1.8 266 MHz Socket A with Kingston ValueRAM 256 DDR

So you've got PC2100 ram, unbuffered non ECC 1.5v ?

You have pin 3-4 closed on JCLK1 ?

I've googled and there are lots of instances of this board failing so it might be bad. Take a pot shot at one of the bios updateds though, there is one to remove the splash screen.

Yea we tried that and we did have 3 4 closed, but it doesn't matter anymore my dad decided to just send it back and order a diff mobo.

Thank you for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom