BIOS update - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Biohazardous

Default BIOS update

So.. this is my last, I am dumb thread for a while.

Now, the manual is not helping me much. It wants me to use the asus flash program that came with it. But* I was hoping you guys could help me, with a nice simple bios flash, so I can get my e8400 installed and ship away my e6600.
So what program do you guys use? and I have never done this before, so an idiots guide would be wonderful! thanks for your time

help out a noob?

hardware in sig

Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to Black.Ice. Send a message via MSN to Black.Ice.
Default Re: BIOS update

TEE HEE!

I use an ASUS mobo so I can give a little help.

One of the many great features of ASUS mobos is that they have a feature called EZflash which is basically a user-friendly bios update tool. I've used this before and I've had no problems. You have to go into the Bios and enable it. Put it on a flash drive or floppy and EZflash should recognize it. THen go ahead and flash!

Or....You can use a ASUS OS-based utility tool called ASUS update which lets you update from Windows, But I highly recommend against it since it isn't always safe.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Biohazardous

Default Re: BIOS update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black.Ice. View Post
TEE HEE!

I use an ASUS mobo so I can give a little help.

One of the many great features of ASUS mobos is that they have a feature called EZflash which is basically a user-friendly bios update tool. I've used this before and I've had no problems. You have to go into the Bios and enable it. Put it on a flash drive or floppy and EZflash should recognize it. THen go ahead and flash!

Or....You can use a ASUS OS-based utility tool called ASUS update which lets you update from Windows, But I highly recommend against it since it isn't always safe.
I will go ahead and try that. I will be right back, hopefully with new bios

WOW. That was the easiest thing I can remember doing that seemed hard in a long time. Can someone delete this, so I feel like less of retard ;D