BIOS Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake-Eyes

Daemon Poster
About 2 months ago, i purchased a ThermalTake Blue Orb II HSF. On stock cooling, BIOS reported around 35C. I installed the new HSF, and it suddenly jumps up to 54C IDLE. There's no way in heck the HSF could be THAT bad. I mean, sure, it could've been a bad buy in that it would make my temps go to maybe 40, but not this 55C BS.

I'm thinking that the mobo temperature reading is way off. Is there any way to fix this, short of buying a new mobo?

Perhaps you haven't installed the new HS properly? try reseating it. Have you use some decent thermal grease like AS5?

I tried reseating the new HSF, to no avail. Still 50+C. This morning (about half an hour ago, really :p), removed the new HSF, and applied the stock HSF. Temps around 20C. After inspection, and a little assumption, i realized the new HSF creates so much pressure on the CPU/mobo that it squeezes all the thermal paste to the outside edges, leaving the middle bare and complete metal-on-metal contact. Could be bad lapping, but i'll just stick with my stock cooling, seeing as how it keeps things very nice and cool, compared to the new HSF.

Thank you for your help, though! Definitely appreciated. BTW, i'm using Arctic Alumina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom