BIOS Setup / Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

siri

Solid State Member
I've had issues with the native resolution on my laptop for ages now (should be an 1280x800), and I can´t work this one out...

After x installes of x different drivers, I am now quite sure it isn't the graphics driver, also because I can tell that it will load a 1024x786 resolution already at boot. And because 1 out of 50 times, it will all of a sudden load a 1200x800 resolution.

My knowlegde of computers isnt that advanced, but I've been doing a bit of research on the net and from what I've been reading, I am starting to wonder if maybe BIOS is loading the PCI bus before the AGP controller. Please correct me if I've misunderstood the whole thing, but if that could be the case, does anyone know how I can check what the BIOS is doing and in what order? Or even how to correct it if that is the case?

Another problem is that I have no control over BIOS at all. This (relatively new) laptop has the simplest BIOS I've ever seen. I can adjust the time and date, and that's about it! I've been told that I really shouldn't mess with a BIOS update, but still... How would I go about doing that? Or are there other options I could explore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom