Bios Settings for GA-890GPA-UD3H and DDR3 1600mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abgrund

Baseband Member
I recently built a new computer (much thanks to the people here for the help), and I am wondering about the bios settings for my RAM.

I have a GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard and OCZ DDR3 PC-12800 1600mhz RAM.

According to the specifications on the OCZ site, this RAM runs at 1600mhz, CL 8-8-8 and 1.65v, but my bios reports it running at 1066mhz and 1.5v respectively. Should I change the DRAM settings in my bios to the specifications listed on the website?

Since I built the computer myself, I understand that the bios won't specifically know what the DRAM settings should be, but I am hestitant to change them for fear of hurting the memory.

Thank you for your time and help. It is greatly appreciated.

I don't think the lower Mhz will hurt you that bad. I'm not familiar with DDR3, (never used it myself) but maybe it is reading it wrong for some reason.

This is the first computer I've ever built, and I'm getting a lot of random crashes with games and browsers, and some random BSODs here and there. I've read people having trouble because their RAM was under-powered, etc, so I was going to try this. I would expect that I would need to manually change the RAM settings in my BIOS, as I'm not sure if it can detect those settings itself.

Update:

I posted a question on the OCZ forums (the maker of my RAM) and after a few replies, their representative had me RMA the RAM.

Hopefully the new RAM will get rid of these annoying problems.

Thanks again for your help! This forum is the best.

Cool, thats good to know. Thank you!

I'm hoping the RAM will run right and I'll be able to completely enjoy the computer I built :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom