BIOS Reflash Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruzz

Solid State Member
Hello all!!

Just had a quick question concerning my motherboard that I just got back from being RMAed to Gigabyte and since they had to put/reflash the BIOS and also replace the bridge or something... (hate the fact they don't print out what they do and send it back with the M/B so you know exactly what they did lol)

Would it be recommended that I reformat my HDD so that everythings "freshly" installed or does it matter?

I have put together everything and last night did fire it up and it did start just fine, got into XP no problem. The system was downloading some automatic updates and whatnot, but after like 30 min being on, a error message did pop up and said something like "Visual C++ blah blah blah" I should have wrote it down but I didn't.

Also, before that error message I had decided to do Prime95 to test the system out but it actually locked up.

Anywhos..

I guess what I'm asking is, would it be best to reformat the HDD so I can start with a so-called fresh system, since maybe theres some bad talk between my HDD and the new BIOS or something in those regards? What are your guy's opinon?

Thanks!

Well, enough said - I've pretty much figured everything out.

Case closed..hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom