Bios question

Status
Not open for further replies.

leary

Solid State Member
My question has to be very general cause I'll be traveling across state to a friends house to help him with the problem and I don't have the paticulars to list now.

The problem is, the PC boots directly the bios and then stops. The PC had XPpro and 2000 (dual boot) and was running fine till one day he fired it up and now it goes to the Bios screen.

Sorry, I'll have more info once I get my hands on the PC but if anyone can give any reasons how/why a Pc would do this then I will have somewhere to start looking for the problem.

Again I'm not exspecting much help with the little to no info I'm providing but if anyone can give me some reasons for the PC to boot to the bios then I can take it from there, Thanks

Hello,

...Perhaps the specific key on the keyboard for entering the BIOS settings is jammed :umm:.

Anyways, the first thing I would do is clear the BIOS CMOS by removing the lithium battery on the motherboard for a minute or two, then placing it back in.

Thanks to all. I realize I didn't give you much to go on. I also realize my question here may have been premature since I have seen the problem in person yet but I'm not sure once I'm there if I'll have convient access to the internet.

I will check the keyboard to see if a bad f-key is at fault but seems unlikely. Worse case I'm taking a wipe disk and a OS Cd and reload everything since there appears to be access to the boot sequence. If anyone else has any ideas I'd appreciate them. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom