Status
Not open for further replies.

zalax

Beta member
Built this system in 03

Asus A7N8X nForce2 Athlon(XP)/Duron SktA DDR ATX Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ 1.83GHz 333FSB 512KB Processor
Kingston KVR400X64C25/512 512MB DDR400 PC3200 CL2.5
Western Digital Caviar Special Edition WD800JB 80GB ATA/100 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer
Asus CRW-4824A 48x24x52 EIDE CD-RW Drive w/Flextralink
eVGA NV52 GeForce2 MX-400 AGP 4X 64MB SDR Video Card
Sony FD MPF920Z161/131 1.44MB 3.5in FDD
Power Supply is Antec 350W.
OS is WIN XP Home

Only problem with the build was that during initial POST, motherboard did not recognize the processor. Went to website, got updated BIOS file, and flashed MB, everything great, with one exception, every time I went into CMOS and changed anything, had to reflash the BIOS for the MB to see the correct processor chip, EVERY TIME.

Since then, have added an additional HD, additional DVD drive, 2 gigs of memory, and changed the graphics card. Bout a month ago, machine started to shut down cold during processor intense apps (SpyBot, Sonar 3 recording software, etc), Opened case, and cleaned heat sink, fans, etc, made sure all cards were seated correctly, and added a additional 180mm front case fan. Now here is the problem, after machine has been flashed to see the AMD 2500+ chip, Windows may run for a while, but then the blue screen of death appears indicating a hardware error "MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION" I think is the message. Reboot, machine sees AMD1100 chip, flash the BIOS, get the blue screen of death. I am now running the system and Windows without flashing the BIOS, and machine seems to be running fine. (Windows sees AMD 1100 chip, not the correct AMD2500+ chip). Never overclocked it, just ran standard setting in CMOS.

Thanx in advance-zalax

Okay first how did you get into your CMOS? You change settings in your BIOS but the CMOS shouldnt be touched. ;)

Do you have any minidump files? If so upload them to sendspace or bondogo and i will analyze them for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom