BIOS problesms on a BRAND NEW RIG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbon_DRED

Beta member
Long post, sorry, but I NEEEEEED HEELLLPPP!!
I've spent months building this thing. It's finally all together, and I'm trying to install my OS (XP Pro, SP2).
I got a copy of XP from Microsoft a while back when all the validation stuff went down. When I tried to install it though, I got an error. Fine. I have a backup. Soooo, my friend gave me a copy of XP, and when I go to boot from CD, I get an error message that says AWDFLASH.EXE not found on the CDROM. Ooook, not happy with that. Maybe a bad CD (even though he's used that ISO on a few rigs prior and never had a problem).
I decide to go back to the original XP CD, give that another go. It's still giving me the same error though.
What should I do?

oddly, I had this problem a few days ago.

I have an ASUS a8n-e. When I tried to put in my WinXP cd, it said : "Looking for ASUSsetup.exe" This is obviously a problem with your motherboard - not your windows xp cd's.

What I did - was I called up ASUS, and they told me to order a new bios.
A few days later, I got the newest bios with the newest revision on it and everything is running smoothly (except my cpu temps...thats another story.)

For some reason I have the feeling that when these companies set up their motherboards they forget to put in an installation floopy - or install it wrong - whatever these "setup.exe" files our motherboards our looking for.

I was about to try flashing my bios with a floopy disk - but for some reason I didn't really feel like it - because I was already haveing trouble getting my CD drive to be recognized.

You might be able to flash your bios. I'm not really the person to ask on flashing bios, but you might need to research around on making a bootable bios from a floopy.

On the other hand - you can do what I did and call your motherboard company. Tell them your problem and tell them you would like a new bios chip.

I hope this helps. All the best of luck to you,
deagle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom