Bios problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runfox

In Runtime
I just installed a new Mb and windows 7 and I have 4gig of DDDR400 ram , 2 GIG GSkill and 2gig Corsair XMS. When I boot and see the post report it says DDR200 128bit, dual channel, Do I have something set up wrong in my CMOS? Is that what the system is seeing DDR200? My new MB is an MSI K8N-Neo4 F, Phoenix-Award Bios. It has a DRAM config and I have everything in auto. as it suggests.
Is this a problem with different memory brands or types or something? I know all four sticks are DDR400.

OK CPU-Z lists all four sticks as DDR,Module size, 1024 MBytes, Max BW PC3200( 200Mhz).
So they are DDR400 running at 200mhz, is that right?

the memory will adjust itself to the slowest speed.

so if you have 2 running at 400 Mhz and 2 running at 200 Mhz, you'll be stuck on 200 Mhz by default.

So why would I have two running at 200 mhz? What should I check to correct it? I have two Gskill sticks that are brand new, and two Corsair that worked perfectly before MB swap. Could it be a wrong setting I have in my Bios? It has a whole page on DRAM to adjust settings basically for overclocking. With the Timing mode in Auto, the MEm lock index is 200mhz.

You aren't necessarily running at 200mhz. Some mobo's have multipliers which would show a 200mhz but would really be running at 400mhz due to it's slot config & multiplier.

You can adjust timing mode, but if you're not comfortable adjusting, just keep it at 'auto'.

Brady I guess your right, everything appears to be right, must be running at 400, I was just unsure when I saw DDR200, I guess it is the multiplier as this MB had many options for adjusting the DRAM and overclocking options.

I also notice during post right after the DDR200 dual channel, it lists a bunch of numbers, last one is (2T Timing) which II guess s has been said, means 2 times multiplier for the memory???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom