BIOS not detecting HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychicpirate

Solid State Member
My BIOS isn't detecting my HDD. Any ideas? The cables look fine. Would it make a difference if I used the normal power plug on the drive? I'm using a SATA power adapter currently.

ASUS P5AD2-E Mobo
160GB Hitachi Deskstar

if it's a SATA drive you have to use SATA power. was it working before and now it stopped working, or is this the first you've tried to use it?

a fried hdd controller on the motherboard could cause what you describe

It was working fine before.

Why would they put a normal power plug on the HDD if it's a SATA drive then? Just wondering...

you didnt play with bios settings before it happend? might wanna check the sata controller is enabled , as for the question i think its for ppl who dont have sata connectors in their psus so they will be able to connect it without getting an adapter. not all sata hds have both connectors , anyway its probably the hd or mobo but much more likely the hd read #4 at http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96693

the same thing happened to me and it was my motherboard's fault, not the hard drive. If you can't determine for sure which one it is, find a way to test your hdd on a diff. mobo or use a different SATA hdd on your mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom