bios issue help

Status
Not open for further replies.

es223

Beta member
Got my computer up and running. its running 40-45 degrees celcius.. how is that w/ a 7900gtx?

I had one error,
Primary Master Drive- Atapi Incompatible
F1 to resume

this took place just before the windows loading screen.

I got rid of it by changing the boot order in bios hd first, cd second, and got rid of it loading a floppy drive.

This stopped the error from appearing.

My primary master/slave are not detected.. my hard drive is installed with the 3g/s wire and not the flat cables, i plugged it into the mobo and the Hd is appearing as the third master drive and the cd rom as the third slave. am i losing anything by them not being primary? how do i get them to primary, is it where they are plugged in or is it done through bios...

sorry if that was a bad description

I don't know what you mean by 3g/s cable and third primary master and third slave. However I can tell you that there are only two IDE connector on most modern motherboard and that is the Primary IDE and the Secondary IDE, the third is for the floppy (this one is a bit smaller than the two). The Primary IDE is where you should put the Harddrive and the Second IDE is where you should put your CD/DVD drive, although you can put the Harddrive and CD/DVD together on the Primary IDE, however you'll have to set the Harddrive jumpers as "master" and the CD/DVD as "slave". If done this way and correctly your BIOS will indicate that you have your Harddrive on the Primary Master IDE and your CD/DVD on the Primary Slave IDE. Leaving the Secondary IDE empty.

Primary Master =Harddrive
Primary Slave = Cd/DVD drive
Secondary Master = None
Secondary Slave = None

If you choose to put the Harddrive alone on the Primary IDE, you still have to set it as "master" (or cable select if it's alone). The CD/DVD drive can be put on the Secondary IDE and set to "master" (or cable select if it's alone). Then your BIOS will indicate

Primary Master =Harddrive
Primary Slave = None
Secondary Master = Cd/DVD drive
Secondary Slave = None

I think he meanshat he has a SATA Hard Drive, Im only assuming this because he said hes not using the Flat cable which would be the EIDE 80 pin/40 Pin Ribbion Cable. I am also assuming that he ment to say it is SATA 2 @ 3 Gb/s.
I dunnue, might be a long shot. ;)
Now unless you found a CD-ROM that is SATA (I know Plextor has a SATA DVD Drive), the CD-ROM SHould be on the Primary IDE Channel Set to Master by ways of the Jumpers on the Drives.

If this is the case and your still having problems then try clearing the CMOS.

to be more specific ehres what it says on my bios:

Primary IDE MASTER - NOT DETECTED
Primary IDE Slave - NOT DETECTED
Secondary IDE MASTER - Not detected
Secondary IDE Slave - Lite On DVDRW 16x....(my dvd burner)
3rd IDE Master- WD160... my Hdd

and yea im using the sata 2 eide 40 pin ribbion cable i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom