Status
Not open for further replies.
IDE Channel 0 Master [ None ]
IDE Channel 0 Slave [ None ]
IDE Channel 1 Master [ None ]
IDE Channel 1 Slave [ None ]

******** As 'Havco2K5 stated: "check the jumpers on your
Hdd as master or slave!
I would go back into your BIOS and verify your IDE controller/ drives are configured properly...... disable SATA.
Verify drive is connected to correct controller.
Remember to "SAVE Settings" then Exit.
Verify your IDE cable is Ok....... try another one.
** See link below...........
http://www.fonerbooks.com/ide_hd.htm#IDE hard drive 1
*** I hate IDE problems!

shoot the Cmos in the head and start over. Pull the battery, wait two minutes, make sure the power cord is pulled. Hit the start button a few time to make sure all residual current is discharged. Put the cmos battery back in and read your mobo book on how to installl sata.

THANKS to the group for all your help. I have taken on board what information you all have given me. Here is what IÂ’m up toÂ… I have since disabled my two DVD - ROMs drives and just left the hard drive and the floppy drive installed with the IDE cables and the power leads. The computer BOOTS up perfect but when I reset my two DVD ROM drives the computer doesnÂ’t find any IDE drives and its back to a [None] Boot. My power supply is 350 wattsÂ… What would this be?

Does it work with just one DVD?ROM ?????
You might have to set that to "slave'' in your BIOS, on the IDE1 connector !

wow

i had a error just like...pretty much exactly how u explanned and my secondary ide was bad but luckly my board has 4 ide slots on it...gotta love gigabyte and there weird ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom