jpearleverett

Beta member
Hello everyone, first off, i'm using a:

P4 530 3.0 ghz HT,

1 gb centon 533mhz ddr2 ram,

geforce 6600gt pci-e card,

asus p5gd2 premium mobo,

460w ps

The problem is, when I start up the computer everything loads fine, fans, leds, but no monitor. Here's the confusing part. When the keyboard is not plugged in, I get 4 short beeps, with the keyboard, I get 3 short beeps. I have tested several times to make sure I counted correctly. I have also attempted switching around the ram and taking out one or the other, but still 3 beeps, or 4 beeps with no keyboard. I also tried taking out the video card, but still, 3 beeps. I have no idea what's going on and appreciate the help, thanks.

Tell me what BIOS you have (AMI, Award, Etc...) And I can tell you what it means. You can usually find the error beep codes in the motherboard manual.

with the majority of mobos i have owned three beeps refers to a vidio card problem, although this is normally one long one followed by two short ones rather than three short ones as you are getting but would explain why you got the same error code when you took your graphics card out.

Try googling for "your bios name" and "POST error beep codes" or similar no doubt it will turn something up. or post back with your BIOS (incase you dont know you'll see this when you start up - it'll appear before your operating suystem loads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom