bios battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiTaNsFaN690

Solid State Member
hi, im currently using a Dell desktop with a phoenix 1.10 bios. Does anyone have an idea of how long i need to keep the battery out for the bios to run dry and reset itself? ive tried for an hour of keeping it out but it just automatically reverts to how it was before.

(im trying to get rid of a bios password by the way)

turtile said:
You have to clear the CMOS. Removing the battery will not delete the BIOS.

Call them up and ask how.

wait i thought removing the battery was one of the ways to clear the CMOS?:confused:

First of all its the CMOS battery, the BIOS is in no way cleared. Secondly in some prebuilts the default for the CMOS is having a password. So no matter how many times you clear it, it will still be there.

You may have to call up dell tech support give them your motherboard information and system specs, and have them give you the password.

You could also ask about a BIOS Flash. It may or may not fix your problem.

BIOS settings....

TF690.......

You should be able to enter your BIOS settings and change your password.
Hitting the "DEL" key or "F1", or 'Ctrl F' should get you into the 'BIOS settings' before the computer boots-up, hitting the 'DEL" key is probably the easiest...but be quick.
There should be a Main Menu ...... under Standard BIOS features should be a password section. ..... with options.
After you make changes hit the F10 key...... it is a Save & Exit action.

* Your manual should explain this. Be careful what you change. If you are not sure........ re-check it.
** I wish I could get into my BIOS now.........but I have CMOS problems..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom