BIG Problem - No display OR POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's not the graphics card but I've tried the onboard graphics and still nothing happend so I'm really hoping that the CPU is the problem. Well I'll find out tomorrow when it gets delivered. I'll let you know what happens (hopefully something good!)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STILL WON'T WORK!!!!!! What can the problem be!!!! I've repalced everything but my graphics card and it can't be that because i've tried onboard graphics!!!!! Help mee!!!

baronvongogo said:
have you tried another monitor? just becuase the light is on doesnt mean it will display.

tried a new PSU and mobo?
Yep got a new quality psu, tested my monitor and it works, and I have a new mobo!!! :(

So basically you have a new mobo, new cpu and tested all the parts, also gone back to basics and just left GPU, CPU, ram in and it still wont work...

hmm..

I would say check you plugged everything in right espcially the 4 pin connector to the mobo, also the power switch is on the right pins etc.
if 2 mobos dont work then it must be a connector missing you plugged the PCI-E connector to the graphics card?

but if it worked and then the next day it doesnt...its just odd.

I must say think iv run out of ideas...

OR the actual power cable from the plug to your power supply is faulty? lol its a long shot just throwing anything at it now...

Yep tried all of that. The only thing is I don't have a power connection on my graphics card (pci-ex) so can't plug one in there. Could that make a difference?

I have the pci-ex power connector on my new PSU but my graphics card doesn't have a power connector on it beacuse it's fairly low end (XFX 128MB Geforce 6600GT)

UPDATE:
Today I went back to the shop where I got my motherboard from and got them to test it for me. They had the exact same problem and were using different hardware. So they gave me a replaced motherboard of the same type and I went home fitted the basics so I could at least get a beep from it. Turns out it didn't solve a thing. That would normally make you think the CPU or PSU is the problem but I've replaced them! I went back to the shop and told him it's still not working so he tested that replacement motherboard and it was dead exactly the same as before. Ended up getting my money back and some advice saying stay away from gigabyte.

Is it just me or is something weird going on here. It seems something of mine is killing their motherboards but all I put on when testing was the RAM, CPU and PSU connections! PSU and CPU are ruled out because they have been replaced. So that leaves me with the RAM right? Wrong, the RAM is brand new as is defiantly compatible with the board as is everything else. IÂ’m stumped!! And so is everyone else IÂ’ve spoken to.

My last option I'm thinking of taking is trying a different brand of motherboard, probably AUSUS. The thing is if I get this board from the same shop and it gets killed again and I take it back, I think they won't give me my money back because it's the third time.

Any comments will be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom