big problem laptop doesnt boot complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrished

Beta member
hi,

As yo have seen i got a BIG problem.
when i turn on my laptop i get a messege somethings wrong and i got to choose ¨safe boot¨¨safe boot with msdos¨¨safe boot with lan possibilities¨¨boot with last known good specs¨ ¨normal boot¨

i have chosen them one by one but noone works.
i tried boot from a windows CD it dont works.
but when i try to boot with a floppy (i dont have a floppy drive in my laptop) and then cancel that i get a messege on a bue screen ¨DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUEL¨
dont know what this means.
i can come in my bios (phoenixBios: system bios: 3a21 VGA bios version SiS 2.24.4d).
the light indicator of my wireless card is on but shoot be of in de beginning of the boot.

pls help me

Chrished

Did you make sure that you've changed the boot sequence in the BIOS to boot from the CD Rom first when you tried to boot from the Windows XP CD. If not, set the first boot device as the CD Rom and then put in the Windows XP CD and then save and exit, usually F10 (your computer should now reboot, if not reboot manually). When you see the "press any key to boot from the CD" screen, do so and then follow on screen instructions. I would do what CrazeD said and see if you can repair your installation of XP. Check out the link below for a more detailed explnation.

http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/RecoveringXP.htm

EDIT: CrazeD, I wasn't concentrating. Bit of a heavy night last night, lol.

Metr01973 said:
Did you make sure that you've changed the boot sequence in the BIOS to boot from the CD Rom first when you tried to boot from the Windows XP CD. If not, set the first boot device as the CD Rom and then put in the Windows XP CD and then save and exit, usually F10 (your computer should now reboot, if not reboot manually). When you see the "press any key to boot from the CD" screen, do so and then follow on screen instructions. I would do what CrazeD said and see if you can repair your installation of XP. Just bear in mind that you will lose data doing it this way.

Why would you lose data? It only copies important system files incase any are corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom