Big problem with laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperGTS500

Beta member
Today when I turned my laptop on, the screen went crazy. It was all funny and all this weird stuff showed up. I turned it off and then turned it back on. It started to go, you could hear it, then you could hear it just quit. The power button and lights would still stay on. Nothing on the screen came on. There is no problem with the screen though (it's new). The hard drive was checked and is fine. A guy said it may be the motherboard or maybe a connection is lose. Can anyone help me? It's a Compaq Presario M2000. I really don't want to spend $200 and send it to Compaq to be fixed.

first,,, never assume something is ok , just because it is new or whatever. It still could be the LCD, Yeas it could also be the embeded video card on the mainbord. Do you have a vga port on the back of the notebook. plug in a desktop monitor. Some notebools you have to get into the bios to tell the notebook to use the external monitor. some it is a key on the KB. Some you can do it in sftwr. Also remove the battery and unplug from the wall, remove and reseat the ram. If two rams try one at atime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom