Big problem with games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forseti

Beta member
My PC spec is:

Epox nForce4 9npa+ mobo
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ at 2ghz
2GB RAM two set of Dual DDR400 (1 set corsair another set kingston)
Club 3D ATI Radeon x850 pro
Audigy 2 (have ordered Audigy 4 not arrived yet)
PSU 400W Fortron

My problem is that games will run for some time, for example World of warcraft only runs for about 5minutes before crashing. I can't tell what happens because my monitor turns off but only once did Windows ask to send error report and it was to do with graphics card, said to turn off hardware in advanced settings. This means I cant play a game at all turns off the gfx card basically. Everyone is going to say download drivers and BIOS update, well for your info its all upto date. The strange thing is this has never happened before and I've had this system since about June 2005 but I have upgraded with a new cpu cooler and got the corsair RAM. I am using two different sets because I thought why not, it's 2GB and it did run well til I got spyware, formatted and this problem started, which has been a month since I got new RAM and cpu cooler. I can post website links for my hardware if anyone can help. I've defragged and done alsorts I can think of, removed a set of RAM and used corsair on its own same problem. I don't know if its overheating but I guess it will just reboot on its own.

If anyone has got any ideas please let me know to help my problem, Thanks!

Done what you said and still same thing. When playing world of warcraft I notice rippling on the screen which didnt happen before.

Just an idea, but if your monitor is turning off it makes me think your x850 is overheating or something. Did you try checking the fan during gameplay to be sure it's working? If you had a way to measure the temp it'd be even better. If not that, then investigate that new cooler you threw on the CPU... it could be an overheating issue either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom