Big Big Urgent Urgent Urgent Help Needed...plssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, i had that happen to me before, and it sucks. but you wont believe how i recovered from the...erm...incidend we shall call it? customers pc, same problem.

solution: buy new hard drive, same model, etc...get a clone hard drive

and unbolt the bottom circut part of the new one and put it on the old one, and voila! fixed.

well i just bought a nother hdd...and i dont get what you mean?
all i wanna do is get the data out of that hdd and then give it to newegg for an rma.
im back to xp on this new hdd and loving it.

if i do what you said which i dont really get, can i still go back and use the new hdd?

oh no what i was saying is like a last resort. to rma the drive, yeah. just use the paper or business card trick and make it like a shim so the wires dont short, should hold long enough for you to copy the data onto another hard drive. but if you dont move it at all, might hold for a long time

oh no what i was saying is like a last resort. to rma the drive, yeah. just use the paper or business card trick and make it like a shim so the wires dont short, should hold long enough for you to copy the data onto another hard drive. but if you dont move it at all, might hold for a long time

im still confused, i dont wanna risk messing this new hdd up.
i could goto bb and buy another one, its only 60 bucks and if it messes up, i can just return it and get my money back...they wont even know.
But what exactly are you talkinb about, what bolt?
im really lost.

dont worry about it, mind kinda messed up, gf moving and crap.

just get that other hard drive, if the pins are still good on the broken hard drive (where it broke) carefully put the cable back on, and copy your data off of the broken one on to the new one, and try to send the broken one in to get fixed (rma)

dont worry about it, mind kinda messed up, gf moving and crap.

just get that other hard drive, if the pins are still good on the broken hard drive (where it broke) carefully put the cable back on, and copy your data off of the broken one on to the new one, and try to send the broken one in to get fixed (rma)

some of the pins are bent and its hard to get it straight...i guess ill give it a try although itll be hard holding it...
i have to look for all the saved games...its gonna be so much effort but worth it.
i guess if i get that done, i could just go straight back to best buy and say i got it yesterday and it was broken and i wan ta new one...that will save time with rma'ing it with newegg.

maybe use some really fine jewelry pliers, or some tweezers or something to straighten them out enough for them to make contact, and put the hdd in a place inside of the pc (maybe laying upside down on the bottom) so it doesnt move around, get it connected and detected, and just dont touch anything, and just back up everything, becasue if you do the search and copy method, stuff is bound to be lost. maybe slave the drive onto the pc (so its not the boot drive) and do a full copy.

hope its not password protected.

maybe use some really fine jewelry pliers, or some tweezers or something to straighten them out enough for them to make contact, and put the hdd in a place inside of the pc (maybe laying upside down on the bottom) so it doesnt move around, get it connected and detected, and just dont touch anything, and just back up everything, becasue if you do the search and copy method, stuff is bound to be lost. maybe slave the drive onto the pc (so its not the boot drive) and do a full copy.

hope its not password protected.

well i will copy and paste, i know everything is.
and no password...so thats good.
well you have given me some hope, i work in 5 hours and ihavent slept...my q6600 comes in tomorrow and i cant wait, but i think ill try getting the hdd figured out first since thats #1priority.
well ill post back tomorrow hoping for success.

thank you so much and i hope this works.

That's some tough luck there, buddy. But at least you've got some good advice.

I would use the shim and secure it with some scotch tape to make sure it didn't fall off while transferring the data. Since you have already reinstalled Windows on a new drive, you won't be needing to copy the drive, just the data. I would, however, wipe the drive before I RMA it.

That's some tough luck there, buddy. But at least you've got some good advice.

I would use the shim and secure it with some scotch tape to make sure it didn't fall off while transferring the data. Since you have already reinstalled Windows on a new drive, you won't be needing to copy the drive, just the data. I would, however, wipe the drive before I RMA it.

o yeah, i prolly willformat it.
now i cant wait to just try it and find out if it works.

well im at my work place the the hardware guy straightened out the pins and the sata cable was able to go in but was loose.

So ill go home and give it a try..fingers crossed

get the data out and return that hdd .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom