Best electronic can of air?

Calusblade

Beta member
I'm looking for an electronic can of air so I won't need to keep buying new ones when I need them. I was suggested O2 Hurricane Computer Duster but amazon doesn't show too good reviews. I would like some suggestions/other opinions.

This is the best can of air I have ever used....

but it's not something everyone can own.
I've used the little air cans before which are really cans of compressed carbon dioxide, Check the price/weight ratio for the best deal because it's all the same stuff

I've used the little air cans before which are really cans of compressed carbon dioxide, Check the price/weight ratio for the best deal because it's all the same stuff

Can confirm, have two of these :tongue: One of them is about as tall as I am

:this: But mine is not as big. I have a little 8 gal. one I use for cleaning out the machines. Very rarely do I actually use it for shop work. :p

Last edited:
I use a 30 dollar Walmart shop vac with a bristle end attachment from a Kirby made in the 70s.

It's not recommended to use a vacuum because the action of the air being sucked up across the tube causes a static charge. That's the reason to to blowing out pc's rather than vacuuming them

Last edited:
It's not recommended to use a vacuum because the action of the air being sucked up across the tube causes a static charge. That's the reason to to blowing out pc's rather than vacuuming them
It's also not recommended to use a compressor due to the moisture content of compressed air unless your compressor has a dryer attachment.

I've been using a vac for 14 years without issue. It makes my parts look 100% brand new when I do my 6 month clean where canned air cannot reproduce the same thing. Canned air can also produce moisture and a residue which I've actually had done so I prefer my tried and true method.

Yeah I vacuum my PC every few months. What does it matter which way the air is moving over the parts? If you're blowing or sucking, the air is still moving...

Unplug it and discharge the PSU beforehand and you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom