best boot disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arminius

Solid State Member
not sure if this is where this thread is ment to go?
I'm having major trouble formatting the right drive with my current boot disks, they just tell u the manufacturs ID numbers for the drives and that's it

is there a better one? that says what you named them? as well as all the manufacture gibberish, and will also let u set the partition sizes and formats and is just a do anything and everything boot disk?

What are you installing? XP or Vista? You could install the o/s first and then from there you can partition the HD.

I'm installing between xp and ubuntu, but it doesn't matter, I know I can partition after I've installed but i have alot of drives, I need a boot disk that can tell me which has what on it.

which can tell me Drive A is titled photos and has no OP on it, Drive B is titled Videos and has no OP on it, Drive C has an XP operating system on it

that's what I need, does such a boot disk exist?

yeah that was the last one I tried, but all of it's partition programs made partitions that my xp home boot cd couldn't recognise, so any others?

I wouldn't know which software that can boot up to selectively look at each HD and do partitions, i would recommend Nitestick method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom