Bent CPU pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've bent them all out with a small peice of a tag, but will the pens being broke cause any problems with the cpu? I would think not, but thats why I am asking to make sure :)

If they did not break off you should be fine.

As long as they are all intact and you were able to bend them back and it fits in the socket fire it up.

I've bent them all out with a small peice of a tag, but will the pens being broke cause any problems with the cpu? I would think not, but thats why I am asking to make sure :)

If they break, your CPU is stuffed.

The problem is that the CPUs pins these days are extremely fragile and they can easily snap off.

Yeah I have an old CPU that has some bent pins on it. I got it straightened out and fits like a glove. Just waiting on my MB to come home from RMA :(

hahaha i once bent 90% of the pins on an old Pentium processor.....used a credit card and a mechanical pencil to fix it....worked like a charm hahahaha......as they others have said, as long as none broke the cpu should work fine

I haven't gotten around to it yet but I have two OEM 4400s from newegg.ca with bent pins that need some straightening.

I used to make some extra cash by buying bulk used processors on ebay with bent pins, i'd straighten them, test them and sell them. Some never worked but many did after being straightened. Would sit and watch TV while straightening them with a test mobo cutout.

Well thats some good news, I have bent the crap out of my older CPU for another build and I got it to fit great just looks like something bad when you look at the pins :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom