Belikin Wireless G Router - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Belikin Wireless G Router

hey. ive got a prob with my router. every half hour or so, it turns itself off and stuffs me around. i have to get up and go unplug it and plug it back in. its annoying when i play CS or something and when i'm downloading big files over night.

my setup is this: i have a broadband modem. its connected to the router. which is connected to two computers (LAN) and a laptop (wireless). Its a Belkin Wireless G Router.

If it helps, I leave everything on 24/7; Router, modem, computers.

Any help is appreciated.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

It's turning itself off, totally? How long have you had it? Is it possible it has a short and needs to be replaced? Have you had any lightning strikes that could have affected it?

That is not normal behaviour for a router. I'm thinking it is an issue that is not going to be fixable by configuration changes, but will likely either need to be repaired or replaced.

www.futurelooks.com/
www.megatechnews.com
Old 10-25-2006, 04:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to JeremyTM

Is MAC Adress Clone enabled?

http://68.61.193.107/images/techstatuslogo.gif http://68.61.193.107/images/earth.png
Old 10-29-2006, 02:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Well, ive had it for nearly a year now. We've had no lightning out here. I reckon i'll ring belkin and see if they can replace it. Cheers anyway.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie

One other thing.
Can I forward my ports for azureus using both a modem and a router? I only use one computer for the net, so I always plug it straight into the modem and have a static IP. When I transfer something from computer to computer, I plug the net comp back to the router and set it so i dont have a static IP anymore.
Is there a way to keep the net computer with static IP and still use both the router and modem without unplugging anything???
Old 10-29-2006, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

You can put the static IP in the router, thus giving all the computers in your network that IP address publicly (inside, they will all have private IPs. These can be static also). If you need special ports or gaming ports open, then you can specify them in the router to go to that static IP address (the inside one). This will keep you from having to unplug or change IPs.

www.futurelooks.com/
www.megatechnews.com
Old 10-30-2006, 12:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Techie

ok i'll try it cheers

Closed Thread