Beeps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
I just ran the 3dmark06 test and at the CPU stage my comp began to beep. It beeped all the way through both cpu tests, but stopped at the next stage. Any idea? Is my brand new cpu overheating?

Ok, so I found out what the beeps are. I backed out of 3dmark real fast, just in time to see my temp monitor showing 74 degrees on my cpu. Apparently 75 degrees is the max limit.....or something.

What should I do now? Send it back? ugh.....

Is it overclocked? If not, my guess is that the heatsink isnt seated properly.

Or the fan isnt hooked up.

BTW what are your idle temps using "coretemp"

I just checked the heatsink "feels" firm. Looks like it's on there good. I don't get it.....

Thats fairly warm for idle temps on a stock dual core. For example, my 50% overclocked quad core idles around 30C on all 4 cores and i have a LOT of voltage going through it. Make sure that all 4 of the click posts are actually clicked in all the way. I know when i had the stock cooler on mine, it was a giant pain to get them all in right, if 1 isnt fully latched, it could be causing you to have temp issues.

FWIW, my e2180 idles at 20/20.

Thanks veedubfreak. I'll see what I can do. How hard can I push on the pins to make sure they are seated all the way? I'm new to doing this stuff on my own and I don't wanna break anything. lol

I actually bent the metal feet on the stock cooler so that the pins would go in easier. Those things are WAY too hard to push in, i was afraid i was gonna snap the board in half with mine.

Ok, I went back in there and pushed the crap out of those feet. Apparently thats what it needed. I ran the 3dmark test again, but this time NO beeps. My current temps as I type this are 29 and 31. So, that must have been the problem. You really do have to push on those things hard.......kinda ridiculous.

My next question now would have to be.....could I have done any damage to my cpu with the two "overheated" attempts I tried before? I sure hope not. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom