Not open for further replies.

SLIandlovinit

Solid State Member
OK this is my brothers rig...in a nut shell

A-Bit AV8 mobo
AMD-64 3200+
X-connect 500w PS
VIA Chipset

During the post it stops right after the hard drive is accessed and it beeps continuously one beep after another like a police siren. It doesn't finish booting. Once the board starts to beep the motherboard post code display reads 9.0 which the motherboard manual indicates as "Complete uGuru initial process, AWARD BIOS take over the booting job."

I first had this problem with the mobo when I first assembled the system. I brought it into Compu USA and they didn't know what was wrong with it. They unhooked the CDROM and it booted up just fine. So I purchased a new CDROM drive and it has been working fine now for a few months, until last night that is. It started beeping just as it did before. I have tried unhooking everything and trying to start it and nothing seems to work.

In addition I have checked ABIT's website and TigerDirect's website to try and figure out what is wrong with it. I can't find any kind of beep code that is like this.

Please help me, its diriving me crazy and I have no hair left cause I ripped it all out!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you gone into your Bios and check under system health or something like that and see if it has a feature set to beep when the fan isn't spinning fast enough. Have you tried to set the BIOS to default and reboot. Also another thing to try is remove all the Ram sticks nut 1 and see if you can get a boot.If you do get boot put the Ram back in and set the command rate to 2t. And try to reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom