Beep, No Boot No Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCCove

Solid State Member
My dad had a pc he wanted to work but all it does when you power it on is: the fans spin and sounds like it is booting but there is nothing on the display and you get a long beep sound that is intermittent (keeps going on forever it seems and is roughly 2-3 seconds in length). I tried swapping it with parts from a pc that i had built and then than tried using my powering on my pc after swapping back and now my pc does the same thing. On one of my memory sticks it has some led's that light up showing how "hard" it is workin (green to red) and now the light only lights up in one area (orange). here are my specs:

My Pc My Dads

Cpu: AMD 64 3400+ AMD Athlon xp (not sure the speed).
mem: Corsair pc3200 Kingston pc3200
Mobo: Soyo k8 Dragonplus (not sure Asus Maybe?)
Gfx: Geforce 6800 ultra onboard

So Im thinking the processor may be messed up or the mobo itself could be too. I tried swapping the ps no joy. Any suggestions would help thanx.

Re:

Hello,

What motherboard do you have, and what BIOS do you have?

If you look up the Beep Error Codes for your particular BIOS on the Internet, you should be able to find out what the problem is.

Something may be plugged in incorrectly, hardware may be damaged...depending on the beep pattern you're getting.

Cant think of the bios off hand (am at work atm) but my system worked fine until I swapped the parts. plus the post beep codes indicated a memory problem but I dont see how that is true. Memory worked fine until, you know when i swapped the components back into my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom