been wanting to ask this question long ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

galant_mod

In Runtime
when i open everest or cpu-z,i see 2 cores.sometimes,it shows 800mhz and suddenly jump to 1600mhz.why is this so?isnt it suppose to indicate 1600mhz all the time??

no. its called amd cool and quiet. it pretty much downclocks the cpu when its not in use to help lower temps, to slow the fan speed, to make less noise. you can disable it, but i find it kinda neat because it will make the pc run cooler.

what it basically does tho, is it lowers the cpu's core voltage, and lowers the cpu multiplier. and when the system needs more power, say it gets to 75% load on low power mode, it will jump into high performace mode, and execute the task, then go back into low power mode, like a car going down the freeway, shifing gears, why let the motor run at 6000rpm when your going on level ground? shift into overdrive, and when you hit the hill, pop it back into 4th and get over the hill and back into overdrive...

thanks dude.haha.now i know it.i have to disable that in bios isit?and also,im using acer.and they have this empowering thingy.its like if you want to use long.have to set the display setting less brighter and the cpu speed.it have low,high and maximum speed.how does it goes about?

ugh dude...i don't know about that one, i hate acer...last one i worked on had windows vista, keeps blue screening, so i just gave up and made a oath with my self to never work on vista again.(or acer)

i have no clue, ive never really worked on a laptop, just once, and it was like a really old one, so i have no clue man.

I have an acer laptop best thing ever lol its about 4 years old now but still kicks *** obviously can't game on it in fact counterstrike 1.6 is probably the most demanding game I have on its 40gb hdd talk about mass storage :D:D:D. for the laptop power management for longevity you can lower the power used by the cpu so turn down the volts and the fsb and you get longer battery life but suffer greatly in performance, you can also turn down the amount of power going to wireless so if your near to the router you can turn down the power settings again starving it of power so the range of it decreases. I have to do all this manually on mine the wireless power control if I set it to the lowest it leaves me with a scan range of around 30cm if I am further then that away from the router then it just can't see it lol whilst if I turn it upto full I can be 100metres away and just pick up a signal

no. its called amd cool and quiet. it pretty much downclocks the cpu when its not in use to help lower temps, to slow the fan speed, to make less noise. you can disable it, but i find it kinda neat because it will make the pc run cooler.

what it basically does tho, is it lowers the cpu's core voltage, and lowers the cpu multiplier. and when the system needs more power, say it gets to 75% load on low power mode, it will jump into high performace mode, and execute the task, then go back into low power mode, like a car going down the freeway, shifing gears, why let the motor run at 6000rpm when your going on level ground? shift into overdrive, and when you hit the hill, pop it back into 4th and get over the hill and back into overdrive...

its not always Cool n Quiet that kicks in , i have a laptop that run a Athlon Xp ...something and doesnt have Cool n Quiet function because its old school, but it lowers the power and voltage to the cpu to cool it down. I remeber once my laptop jumped from 500mhz to 1GHz but i realized what was going on

My Desktop system in the other hand with the Cool n Quiet barley does its job , voltage stays teh same and GHz doesnt twitch , might be because of the overclock

i dont know about that one, my cool and quiet on my K8 works all the time. i can overclock it to 2.79ghz (fsb cap) and it will cut in half, voltage goes to 1.1v, and temps drop like 15C. but i dont understand the "quiet" part. my fan never slows down...its always the same 100% 4000rpm thing.

and on the laptop, i dont know either, i had a toshiba the other day, and it was a 366 PII, and it would be at like 180mhz, and the fan would be slow, then it would kick up and be at loud again.

wow that last paragraph, it sure did have a lot of and's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom