Battery will not charge past 30%, and is lowering by the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czar Mango

Baseband Member
I have tried this battery, but with another charger. It would persist to not charge past 30%. I tried with a different battery, with my charger, and it would work properly. I am wondering as to wether or not I can fix the battery, or if there is some sort of bug in the system. If not, I'll get a new laptop battery. The model is an Acer Aspire 5551-A.
Thanks.

Some Batteries have a 'memory'. They need to be fully discharged (unlikely you would do that) and then fully charged.

Constant partial discharge and partial recharge causes a 'memory effect' in some types of rechargeable Batteries, thus it gets 'stuck' at 30%.

Some Batteries have a 'memory'. They need to be fully discharged (unlikely you would do that) and then fully charged.

Constant partial discharge and partial recharge causes a 'memory effect' in some types of rechargeable Batteries, thus it gets 'stuck' at 30%.

Newer Li-ion batteries don't have a memory effect, thought. That will only be on Ni-Mh or Ni-Cd batteries.

Yes, it seems that it is a battery issue, and it will probably need to be replaced. You can also download the BatteryCare app for your future laptop batteries; which optimizes the usage and performance of the battery, and monitors the battery's discharge cycles to help prolong it's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom