Battery problem or motherboard problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stargre

Solid State Member
Hi! I bought a Dell Insipron XPS laptop from ebay. It has 3.4GHz w/HT and 96WHr battery. However, I was not able to turn on the computer at first. There are three little lights besides of the power button. When I push on the power button, only the middle one flashes a couple of times and went off after a couple of seconds. What's more weird, even if I take out the battery and only use the AC power, it won't start. Then I left the battery being charged for overnight, and it turned on the next day! However, two thinigs are still puzzling: 1) none of the six lights on the battery were on during the whole charging process; 2) the battery life was less than 2 hours, while it is a 96WHr/12 cell battery, which should give me at least four hours battery life. Also, if I leave the laptop not used for like 10 days, I could not start it again. It should be charged overnight before it can be turned on.

Dell once identified it as a motherboard failure after telephone consultation. But after changing a new motherboard, the problem persisted. Since the laptop is not under warranty, they don't want to help me with that any more. Any of you guys can give me some advices? Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom