BAD_POOL_HEADER stop error, system instability. Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearhead3990

Solid State Member
Ok, so I just put together my first computer build. Here is what I'm running:

Newegg.com - ASUS M4A88T-M AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W ATX12V v2.31 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX640WFGMBOX

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

So here is the problem: The ram is defaulting to 1333 megahertz and 9-9-9-24 timings, and is stable. If I try to set it to 1600 in the bios it defaults to 11-11-11-29 timings, and the asus stability test throws an error after a couple minutes. If I set the timings to what they should be, I cannot boot the OS at all. I get BSOD "BAD_POOL_HEADER x00019 or something like that. I have tried raising the ram voltage to 1.65, tried raising NB voltage, chipset voltage, HT voltage, everything I could think of, and I cannot get it to be stable at anything near rated speed. Also just for the heck of it, I set the all the memory values to auto, and did a slight cpu overclock, and got the same results. I'm at my wits end, what the **** is going on here?

Ive never had any problems with the system posting to bios, or booting asus express gate.
Is it possible that the OS is causing my problems?

Well yes. Cause your "copy" can easily be hacked, modified or other wise not fully complete as intended by Microsoft. Never use anything but versions from them.

Please accept my appologies everyone. Just so you know, its not a bootleg copy. I upgraded the computer, plugged the old HDD in and it booted and activated without a hitch. I know that really doesn't make it any better.

It doesn't matter anyway, I just installed windows 7(bought off newegg, just so ya know) last night, got a stop error first try, got it to finish installing after setting everything to auto. I think I'm gonna try raising voltages again. The fact that it is stable as can be at 1333 makes me think that the memory is physically ok, but I don't know. Is it possible to run memtest86+ without a floppy drive?

Thanks, and again, my appologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom