Bad wallpaper problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozza

Beta member
Sorry if this is the wrong section but I wasn't sure where to put it.

Anyway, this is very hard to explain but I'll try.

I've got a very annoying problem. I recently got a Samsung 2253BW.

I was making a new wallpaper in Photoshop and saved it as and when I went to set the wallpaper on my desktop it didn't come up. There was just a black background. It is also happening with other PNG images.

I'm using MagicTune which came with the monitor and now, for some reason for me to use this PNG wallpaper I made in PS, the MagicTune icon HAS to be on the desktop. If I delete the icon, the wallpaper disappears. When I bring the icon back, the wallpaper comes back.

I've removed both MagicTune and Adobe Gamma because I thought it may be a conflicting problem (I still think it is) but it didn't work. It's like the wallpaper I made in PS has locked itself into MagicTune and it's like I have 2 wallpapers set. One for MagicTune, and one normally. Ie. when my computer is shutting down, I can see a different wallpaper I set pop for like 2 seconds.

So anyway, basically the problem is that, when I make a PNG wallpaper in Photoshop it screws up and the MagicTune icon has to stay on the desktop for it to show.

So does anyone know how to fix this bizzare and very annoying problem? If I can't fix this I'm going to have to reformat.

Thanks.

Background can not be PNG files. They have to be either BMP or JPEG files. That is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom