Bad RAm or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooptom

Beta member
A couple weeks ago i bought some OCZ ram ---> (OCZ Enhanced Latency 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail ) from New egg and put it in my P 3.4 with an Asus P4S800D-X Motherboard and the ram kept crashing my games, slowing my comp down and i'd get that windows memory dump blue screen of death thingy. So i bought some kingston valueram and put the OCZ aside for ahilw well i just finished building my new comp it's a Asus Sli- Premium with an AMD 4000+ SD cpu and i it kept crashing over and over while installing windows but i finially got it to install and it kept crashing on BF2 saying I was getting memory problems so i put the value ram in there and it worked fine,

I've tried both sticks seperate and i know theyre in the right sockets on the MB and i got the setting right on the BIOS i think. so i was wondering if i just bought 2 crappy pieces of RAM or am i doing something wrong.

Maybe the motherboard is not configured with the ram? Although this is mostly automatacally done. It could be just that the Ram doesnt like your motherboard, they can be fussy.

Strange one though, i doubt they were both faulty. Seriously doubt it.

How big of a power supply are you using? Have you ran memtest to determine if the modules are both good?

Just thinking..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom