bad psu or too much draw for my outlet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok well as you all know i bought a cooler master 1100 ucp. Worked perfectly fine when i jumped it to leak test. When i hooked everything up to try to boot, it turns on then right off. Switched back to my 750tx and eveything boots fine. So what are the odds that its overdrawing from the outlet vs the odds thats its just a DOA unit? I'm going to hit microcenter tommorow because they have the same unit and see if it gives me the same issue. Just looking for ideas.

Also, this means no benches on the tri-sli tonight :( Typing this from my laptop.

Ok well as you all know i bought a cooler master 1100 ucp. Worked perfectly fine when i jumped it to leak test. When i hooked everything up to try to boot, it turns on then right off. Switched back to my 750tx and eveything boots fine. So what are the odds that its overdrawing from the outlet vs the odds thats its just a DOA unit? I'm going to hit microcenter tommorow because they have the same unit and see if it gives me the same issue. Just looking for ideas.

Also, this means no benches on the tri-sli tonight :( Typing this from my laptop.

how about some dual 285 benchies!

It only draws from the outlet what it needs to. IE: They both draw the same amount (slight variations of course, depending on the efficiency differences).

So, bad unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom