Bad PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
hey guys, i have a problem....so anyway here's the story....

i was playing along on my sisters computer...when all of a sudden it shuts off...so i'm thinking power surge...but that wasnt it..cause just the computer went down....so i try to power it back up to no avail...the PSU was pretty warm so i checked the PSU fan ..and it is hard to turn with a screw driver so i'm thinking the fan went bad....but the only thing that would make me doubt that it's the power supply is that when the switch (the lil black switch on the PSU with I and O) when it's on the lil green power LED on the mobo lights up...also when i press the power switch on the case i get a flicker of power......i've dissconnected all the hdd's and optical devices to no avail....so just tell me what yall think....thanks a lot

If the fan on the prower supply is locked up that would be your best bet. Also you can lose 1 or more legs of power but still get some power. Power supplys die in 2 different ways (soft intermittent) power or (hard dead).

i agree, if the fan fails then ur screwed
u can prevent this by using compressed air and air blowing the fan from getting clogged up from dust and failing
after air blowing squirt abit of some WD-40 to make it loose

sylwek said:
i agree, if the fan fails then ur screwed
u can prevent this by using compressed air and air blowing the fan from getting clogged up from dust and failing
after air blowing squirt abit of some WD-40 to make it smooth

WD-40 will only make it worse. WD-40 is not a lubricant, and it attracts dust and stuff.

true but i meant to say about H4x3r's situation where its hard to move with a screw driver, just to make it loose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom