Bad MOBO or CPU? Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan426

Beta member
Well, I switched to liquid cooling yesterday and hooked everything up and turned the power on and nothing happened. The HardDrive, case fans, DVD, and Video card all turned on, but nothing happened. Memory, Chipset and CPU were cold. I took the Pentium d 930 out of the mobo and put in a pentium 4 I have in another system and it still did not turn on. I put the Pentium D in my dell system and that did not turn on. The Processor looks fine, no burns or defects. All I can think of is that when I took the Pentium D out of the system to clean the grease off I bent two of the pins on the board with a rag as I was wiping the grease off the ZIF. Stupid!! I bent the pins back and everything looked fine after that. Do you think the MOBO is fried or CPU?

Pentium D 930 3.0G
Intel 945GTPL MOBO
2G Corsair RAm
Nvidia 6800 Extreme PCI-e
250G WesternDigital SATA HD

just see if everything's plugged in right. even if it looks like it's in right, sometimes it isn't.
first try the RAM (that's actually quite common to not be in right)

Computer was working fine until I installed the Liquid cooling system. RAM is good. Does the cpu fan need to have anything plugged into it?

If you are running a liquid cooling system, you SHOULDN'T have a CPU fan...... Typically it would just be a waterblock where the heatsink would be normally. Have you verified that the waterblock is securly attached to the CPU??

Maybe your motherboard detects no CPU fan and will not turn on for safety reasons. I would try reseting your bios and making sure that the power connector that goes to the motherboard is still plugged in securely. Maybe it popped out when you were installing the water cooling setup.

It was the MOBO. I notice that a couple a traces were severed by a screwdriver. I resoddered it and it works fine now. Thanks for everybodys input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom