Bad mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invisible

MetalHead Techie
So the situation started when my computer kept freezing randomly and getting a bsod more and more often, i had a stable OC , but even after set the bios to "fail-safe" defaults nothing was fixed
I would boot up, it would start like normal with the windows loading thing, but when it starts to load the login screen the monitor stops recieving all signal from the computer
but it still makes the login screen vista opening noise, and when i type in my password and press enter i hear the desktop entrance noise, with the monitor receiving no signal
after trying different sata cords and pci-e power cords and refitting my video card
i tried booting from SATA CD-ROM with vista 64-bit, which ended up the same way( i reset cmos often)
next i tried a completely different hard drive, i used my dad's seagate 7200.11 500gb instead of my 7200.10 250gb, installed vista and it loaded perfectly and normal computing was in session, i installed lots of vista updates and drivers and stuff (60 of them!) but then when i restarted the comp the problem happened again!
i reset cmos again and it came to the screen TAB to go to POST screen DEL to go to BIOS
and my keyboard didn't work!

note: these events occured after i thought i "fixed my usb problem" in the other thread

i currently don't have a ps/2 keyboard

There is only one way to determine if a motherboard is bad, you have to go OUT and buy cheap replacement parts, cheap RAM and a cheap video card to start.

That way you test the parts, and if you test all the primary parts and problem still presists, then it is indeed the mobo.

hmm tried ps/2 keyboard problem still persists, even buying all cheap stuff is gonna cost me like $50, gah
emailed ABit tech support like 5 times and their phones are always busy. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom