Is this bad memory performance I am seeing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
Lately when I click on a folder it takes about 10 seconds to actually show the icons in that folder. Like for instance when I click on the "Games" folder in Vista to view all my games I have installed it will take longer then it use to to open up. Just a white box and then eventually I will see the icons.

I had my PC OC at 3.00 on stock settings, meaning I did not adjust any volts or other settings. I just bumped it up to 3.00GHz and I set the RAM at the lowest speed. I thought maybe that was why so I went back to stock settings, still doing it.

It's annoying. My computer is so fast but this hiccup is bothering me. specs in sig

Edit: *scratching head now* I think it's just this games app folder. Nothing else seems to lag. IDK maybe it's just running fine atm but could start acting up again.

you know I had this problem with 'my music' folder for a while but the problem just sort of went away and all the folders are loading up fine now. My music folder has 178gb of stuff in it so that could have been a bit of the problem. Maybe windows indexed the folder some how and thus sped up the time takes to load it in my case... I dunno

If you can't find a solution maybe the problem with go away like it did for me. lol

I hope so. It seems to be only with this folder. It's a Vista thing that creates some sort of short cut for games. All other folders seem to work fine and pop up quickly. This "Games" folder takes about 10 seconds before it shows the content.

you could try and see either if you index that folder to search faster like the other guy said

or maybe system retestore before the point you altered clock settings and back to see if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom